This delightful Cashew Salad Dressing with Fresh Herbs and Dijon Mustard is a luscious blend of flavors that will elevate your salads to a whole new level.
This post may include affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I love to make my own salad dressings. You are going to enjoy the smooth and creamy goodness of my dairy-free cashew-based dressing. If you like hummus then I guarantee you will like this dressing. It's the perfect accompaniment to any salad or veggie bowl.
Get ready to drizzle this mouthwatering cashew salad dressing on everything. Its garlicky and creamy flavor is sure to elevate any dish.
🌟Why This Recipe Works
Vegan Cream- No need to soak the cashews. Use store-bought or homemade cashew butter for this quick and easy recipe.
Light Flavor- The richness of the cashews is balanced by the flavor of the fresh herbs.
Oil Free- As long as your cashew butter doesn't contain oil you are good to go.
Cashew Butter- Be sure that your butter has no sugar added.
Dijon Mustard- Or grainy mustard.
Lemon Juice- Use fresh or bottled lemon juice.
Champagne vinegar Any vinegar works but champagne vinegar and apple cider vinegar are my favorites.
Fresh Parsley - Try any fresh herbs like basil, chives, or tarragon.
Fresh Garlic- With so few ingredients I do not recommend substituting garlic powder.
Maple Syrup- For a hint of sweetness, you can omit if you like.
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes- Or use black pepper or white pepper.
See the recipe card for exact quantities.
🍲How to Make Vegan Cashew Dressing
It's so easy to make this vegan dressing. Just add all the ingredients to a blender and blend on high until completely blended. This only takes about 1 minute.
Slowly add the hot water to thin the dressing. I never use more than a ¼ cup of hot water.
You can serve the salad dressing right away, no need to chill.
🥣 How to Use Vegan Cashew Dressing
- Drizzle over your favorite salad, personally, I like it on a kale salad.
- Use this dressing as a dipping sauce for roasted vegetables.
- Coat grilled chicken or seafood for extra flavor.
- Mix into pasta salads or coleslaw for a creamy twist.
If the cashew butter is overpowering your dressing add more Dijoin to balance it out.
Store your cashew butter salad dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. Let it sit out at room temperature for 10 minutes before using.
Be sure to give it a good shake before each use to re-emulsify the ingredients.
❤️More Salad Dressing Recipes
💬Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can add nutritional yeast to this salad dressing to give a parmesan cheesey flavor.
While cashew butter provides a unique creaminess, almond or peanut butter can be substituted with slightly different flavor profiles. I would use tahini before other nut butters.
Creamy Cashew Dressing
- High Speed Blender
- ½ cup Cashew Butter
- ¼ lemon juice
- ½ cup fresh parsley loosely packed
- 2 Tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ crushed red pepper flakes
- hot water about 2 to 4 tablespoons
- Add all ingredients , except the water, to a high powdered blend and blend on high for 1 minute.½ cup Cashew Butter, ¼ lemon juice, ½ cup fresh parsley, 2 Tablespoon champagne vinegar, 1 clove garlic minced, 1 teaspoon maple syrup, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard, ½ crushed red pepper flakes, hot water about 2 to 4 tablespoons
- Gradually add hot water until the dressing reaches a pourable consistency that isn't too thin.hot water about 2 to 4 tablespoons
- Place ¾ cup of raw cashews on a baking sheet At 350 F, roast for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Allow 10 minutes to cool. Add to a high speed blender or food processor. Puree until a paste forms, about 10 minutes.